Courtney in countless colours
Do you recognise this fabric? I sewed a Fen Dress in the same fabric last March.
I originally brought enough to make a maxi dress, but I ended up sewing the Fen Dress as drafted (which is above the knee).
For this iteration, I made a few tweaks:
- I raised the entire neckline by 3/8″ (1cm)
- I used bias binding as a facing for the neckline finish
- I did a 3/8″ (1cm) forward should adjustment (like last time)
- I left off the sleeve cuffs and bound the armholes just like the neckline
- I shortened the top by 1″ (2.5cm)
This top suits my personality and lifestyle… and I’m thrilled that this leftover fabric is now in a wearable form!
Pattern: StyleArc’s Courtney Top
Fabric: Viscose (leftover from another project) from Rathdowne Fabrics
Alterations: Raised the neckline by 3/8″ (1cm), different neckline finish, 3/8″ (1cm) forward shoulder adjustment, left off the sleeve cuffs and shortened the top by 1″ (2.5cm)
Outfit: Me-made Reef Shorts, beads from Scarlet Jones and shoes from Siricco (purchased several years ago)
Photo Location: Footscray Community Art Centre, Melbourne