In search of a wardrobe basic…

DSC_2010

I have some nice lengths of silk in my stash that are screaming to be sewn into summer tops.

DSC_2004

I purchased McCalls 6566 before it went out-of-print, as I was attracted to the simple style and the fact it could be sewn in a woven or knit.  I find that in my wardrobe, simple styles sewn up in beautiful fabrics, get the most wear.

DSC_1963

These days, I toile most of my makes in calico, but for this project I was aiming for a wearable toile and cut into a viscose remnant from Tessuti.

DSC_1972

I performed my usual 3/8″ (1cm) forward shoulder adjustment and sewed french seams throughout.  I finished the neckline with bias binding using the method described in Grainline Studio’s tutorial.

DSC_2005

I always forget how much fabric a dolman sleeve pattern consumes… I needed all of the 1.4m of fabric on hand.

DSC_1999

DSC_1994

The result…  McCalls 6566 is a neat little pattern that I will use again and again.  This version is just too long for my personal preferences, but a half tuck in the front solves that problem very nicely!

DSC_1993

Pattern:  McCalls 6566 (View B)
Size:  Small (size 8-10)
Fabric:  Viscose remnant from Tessuti
Alterations:  3/8″ (1cm) forward shoulder adjustment.  I didn’t bother with the pocket.
Accessories:  Sonia Rykiel beads from Christine’s and Raffia Chic shoes from Scarlet Jones
Photo Location:  Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne

DSC_1965

 

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

4 comments